DrayTek UK User Community Rules
In order to maintain the forums/community as a useful and friendly place for users to discuss the products' usage with each other, we have a set of
rules which all users are bound by. If you respect the other users and the list owners then you're unlikely to ever offend anyone here, so please make good use of the forums, help others where you can and enjoy!
Quick Summary of the most important rules:
- Forum access is permitted for DrayTek users or potential users (pre-sales) in the UK/Ireland only.
- No swearing, abuse or advertising
- This is a user-to-user forum and community, not an official support medium
and you cannot expect replies from DrayTek technicians though the community admins will often assist/contribute.
- Admin/Moderators do not work for DrayTek and do not provide official support/comment for DrayTek.
- You must keep to these rules and the admins/moderators view is final.
- Joining or participating in the UK forums is available to owners and potential owners (pre-sales) of DrayTek products who are
within the UK or Ireland. If you are in other regions, please check your local support resources.
- The forums are designated as English Language only and specifically for the discussion
of UK products intended to be used in the UK.
- The forum is not for support of non-DrayTek products, products which
are not sold in the UK through regular channels, products used outside
of the UK/Ireland, products purchased from outside of the UK/Ireland or
products which have been modified or reverse-engineered outside of the
manufacturers recommended use.
- The forum system uses tracking 'cookies' to store information on
your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of your personal
details and do not send us any information back to us (othen than
itself). By accessing and using the forum, you accept the use of such
cookies. By creating an account, you agree to receive updates or
newsletters from DrayTek by email as well as emails informing you that
there are follow-up messages (replies) to your postings. If you no
longer wish to receive those, click the 'Unsubscribe' link at the bottom
of the email.
- You are responsible for the content of any messages you write on the
forum. In all cases, you accept that the
board owners and moderators cannot be held responsible for anything you
post or read on the forums. Any advice you
receive from other forum uses may be misguided, invalid, inaccurate or
inappropriate. Relying on any advice or information read on the forum is
entirely at your own risk. In particular, beware the use of any
suggested firmware, software or settings not specifically recommended by
- Where a message is removed by the moderators or your account is
suspended, if you are genuinely unsure of the reason please email to
enquire - editorial matters, account matters and discussion of removed
messages is not permitted in the forum.
- Obscene language or comments which are lewd, abusive, insensitive,
offensive or derogratory are prohibited (as determined by the moderators
at their sole discretion). Please remember that different members have
different sensitivities and beliefs. If you post a message which is
considered by the maintainers might cause offence, insult, harrassment,
reputational damage or distress to another user, person, public body or
commercial organisation, it will be removed and if you persist in
posting similar messages or breaking rules, you will be barred. Whilst
such material will be removed normally, the list maintainers do not
accept responsibility for any such material posted if it remains or is
- The forum owners reserves the right to remove, edit, censor or not
post any message, without explanation or notice. Messages may be pruned
after a period of time or when no longer relevant.
- You must at all times respect the rights of other users and the
owners of the forum to protect their own interests, personal, financial
or commercial. As such, you must not use the forum to make libellous,
untrue, damaging, insulting or embarrsing claims about another person or
company (including ISPs, Telcos, suppliers, distributors,
manufacturers, vendors etc.)
- No soliciting or advertising is permitted by members, including
adverts appended to messages, forum messages or emails sent to forum
users directly. No promotion any other products, services, companies,
web sites, mailing lists or supplier/retailers is permitted without the
operator's specific permission.
- The forum may not be used for campaigning, soliciting, petitioning,
forming pressure groups, collecting volunteers, promoting membership of
any collective or organsiation (including but not limited to
political/religious groups) or otherwise be used to increase the voice
of an individual to the voice of a group for political, commercial,
financial or other gain. The forum may not be used to conduct, solicit
for or propose statutory or tort action against any person or company,
or to discuss/promote legal action or the excercising of such rights
against any person or company, nor to allege any criminal activity, tort
or breach of contract by any person or company.
- When posting a message, please use a descriptive subject line (i.e.
not "help" or "problem" or "this is faulty" etc.). A descriptive subject
line is more likely to attract the attention of other forum
users who might be interested or be able to advise on your topic.
- Once posted, the collection of messages become copyright of the
forum owner and messages may not be copied outside the list in any form,
in part or full, without permission from the list owner. Forum
messages, in part or full, may not be forwarded or published elsewhere
in part of full, electronically or otherwise.
- You agree to any information you provide being stored in a database.
This information will not be disclosed to any unrelated third party
except where required by law enforcement. The forum owner and moderators
cannot be held responsible for any hacking or data theft attempt that
may lead to the data being compromised.
- You may not use other participant's email addresses, names or other
details for unsolicited email, spam, adding to mailing lists or
subscriptions to services without their express permission. Where other
users post personal/technical information, you may not use this
information for any statistical or commercial purpose.
- You may not
attempt to access or use the forum in any way not intended by the
operators, notably by posting or sending material, data or code indended
to circumvent security of the forum or DrayTek products or disclose
information not intended for public revelation or intentionally placed
into the public domain by the owber/operator or keeper.
- The identity and name you use must not imply that you are someone
else, or acting the the capacity of another person or company unless you
actually are, or infringe upon any trademark. IP source addresses of
messages and accounts are logged and you must not give false information
in your registration. Should your personal details change, please
update your profile. The use of disposable/expiring email addresses is
not permitted on accounts. If the moderators consider that your chosen
username is unsuitable, potentially misleading or offensive, you may be
asked to change it. If you have any conflict of interest (with the successful deployment, sale and use of DrayTek products or the users' success and efficient enjoyment), this should be stated and your participation may be disallowed.
- If the rules are broken, you may receive a reminder, a warning or
the moderators may remove you temporarily or permanently. Such action is
entirely at the discretion of the forum owners and moderators. DrayTek
owners have no specific 'right' to use the board. The forums or your
membership may be suspended at any time without notice or explanation.
- This forum is hosted by DrayTek on their official UK web site and as
such, the moderators have to ensure that the forums do not operate in
any way which is detrimental or offensive to the company, products,
staff, their agents or general users of the products.
- These rules are compulsory. If you do not agree to them and accept them, then you must not use or join
- In addition to these rules, you are governed by the laws of England.
These rules may be modified at any time without notice; the latest
issue of rules will be shown on this page.
- Privacy / GDPR. DrayTek UK's standard web policy applies to the activities of the forum.
©2019. Updated : 18/06/19